Congratulations to all OHDI teams that are advancing to the 2019 Global Finals Tournament!
May 22-25, 2019
Kansas City, MO
Link to Global Finals Website
Click here to be taken to the official Destination Imagination website for the Global Finals Tournament. (Link opens in a new window)
For teams advancing to the 2019 Globals Tournament, t-shirts are available for purchase. To order, download this order form.
OHDI pins are available for purchase. The deadline for pin orders for those traveling to Globals is April 14, 2019.
- Click here to download an order form for individual pin orders
- Click here to download an order form for bulk pin orders
Destination Imagination is committed to providing a safe environment for those presenting, appraising and watching at the Presentation Sites. To that end:
- Safety is a serious concern.
- Adults CAN stop teams from doing something they feel is unsafe.
For safety concerns related to the Team Challenge solution, adults CANNOT fix the problem or tell the team how to make the solution safe.
- Prep Area Appraisers will make sure the team’s equipment and other props do not pose a safety hazard to the team, Appraisers, audience or Presentation Site.
- Appraisers will stop any portion of the team’s Presentation they feel is unsafe or may cause damage to the Presentation Site. The team will not be given additional time if this happens.
- Any team using lubricants, water or other liquids should be aware that deductions may apply if the team leaves any marks, damage, spills, stains or slippery spots.
Global Finals-Specific Restrictions
The following materials are allowed to be used in Team Challenge solutions:
- Dry ice, as long as it is handled and disposed of properly.
- Helium balloons, as long as they are under the team’s control at all times.
- Latex, except when prohibited by the Challenge.
- Glue, with the exception of spray adhesives, which are not allowed. Floor protection/coverings must be used when using glue in the Convention Center.
- X-acto knives, retractable blades, etc.Floor protection/coverings must be used when using X-acto knives, retractable blades, etc. in the Convention Center.
- Safe chemical reactions.If a team plans to use a chemical reaction in its Presentation, the team must provide SDS forms for the chemicals (including for household chemicals and ingredients). The team members must be able to explain how they will keep themselves, the Appraisers and the audience safe AND how they will clean up the Presentation Site if there are spills. All chemical reactions must be contained so that tournament floors remain clean and undamaged.
In the Convention Center, the team MUST NOT:
- Spray commercial spray paint, aerosol-propelled paint, or spray adhesive, due to harmful fumes and the potential drifting of the paint in the air (Rules of the Road, VII.H.6). In addition, the team must NOT use spray paint or spray adhesives on city streets/sidewalks.
- Apply or spread any small or fine-grained substances. This includes, but is not limited to, glitter, cat litter, sand and other materials specifically mentioned in Rules of the Road Section VII.H.7. The team must ensure that any small or fine-grained substances used on elements of the solution are securely applied before entering the Convention Center.
Prop Storage and Garage Restrictions
“Garage” spaces will be located throughout Prop Storage and will be available for teams to work on elements of their Team Challenge solutions. The following restrictions apply to Prop Storage and the Garages:
- All chemical reaction preparations and tests must take place within the Garages.
- Paint must only be applied in the Garages. No spray or aerosol paint is allowed.
- Power tools must only be used in the Garages. Electrical outlets will be available.
- Tests for Aircraft and other flying objects in and around the Convention Center are restricted to the 2 approved Flight Test Zonesin Prop Storage.
The following are No Fly Zones:
- The Convention Center (The only exceptions are the 2 designated Flight Test Zones in Prop Storage and the Presentation Area during the team’s Presentation.)
- Barney Allis Plaza
- 13th Street under the Convention Center, between Central and Broadway
- The lawn outside the 2501 ballrooms
- The Westin at Crown Center