It is with great pride that we announce a scholarship opportunity for your student(s) as the end of the 2018-19 Destination Imagination year draws to an end. One of our Affiliate Challenge Masters, Chrissy Clouse, was instrumental in promoting the DI program in our State, and for years she ran our Instant Challenges with an enthusiasm and a love for young people that will never be forgotten. Since her untimely death in 2012, we have joined her family in honoring her memory each spring at our tournament with the presentation of a scholarship in her name. Since Chrissy’s love was Instant Challenge, not much “prep time” is given to the applicants. Pick up a questionnaire at the Check-in Table upon arrival at the tournament on the 30th of March. Follow the guidelines below, and don’t forget to register as an OHDI Alumnus on www.ohdi.org. The OKC, Inc. Board of Directors has established the following guidelines for the OKC Scholarship Award:
- Applicant must be a graduating high school senior.
- Applicant must be pursuing a post-secondary degree in a community college, university, or a trade school in the 2019-2020 school year.
- The recipient must be an active member of a 2018-2019 Destination ImagiNation team, and must compete at the state tournament.
- A cash scholarship in the amount to be announced the day of the tournament will be awarded to the winner.
- The award will be presented at the award ceremony.
- Students interested in applying for this scholarship must complete an application which will be available at the Check-in table on the day of the tournament.
- Applications must be submitted by 1:30 on March 30, 2019 at the Team Check-in table.
- The winner will be notified at the award ceremony.
- Only one application per person, even if you are on multiple teams.
- Selection will be completed by a committee of the Executive Board of Ohio Kids for Creativity, Inc. and members of the Chrissy Clouse family.