Dear DI Participants,
As you know, DI will look a little different this year, but our Ohio DI leadership team is committed to providing you a rewarding and educational tournament season!
To ensure the health and safety of our Ohio DI community, our Regional and Affiliate tournaments will be 100% virtual. Although tournaments won't be "live", we know that solving and submitting challenges digitally presents an opportunity for our students to explore new realms of creativity!
Our virtual tournaments will take place over the course of 2-3 weeks, with a few key dates that you need to be aware of.
ALL Regional Tournaments will kick off on Friday, February 5, 2021 with Instant Challenge.
- Friday, February 5 - Instant Challenges will be released in the DI Resource Area.
- Monday, February 8 - Instant Challenges submissions due in the DI Resource Area.
- Friday, February 12 - Improv Challenge Unknowns will be released for completion over the weekend.
- Monday, February 15 - Submissions for the Improv Challenge Unknowns will be due.
- Friday, February 19 - All Team Challenge submissions will be due.
- By Saturday, February 27 - Raw scores and sticky notes for Team Challenges will be sent to Team Managers.
- By Wednesday, March 3 - Regional placings and awards will be announced through an online celebration.
Though this plan is subject to some flexing, we anticipate that these submission dates are final.
Our OHDI Affiliate Tournament will follow the same type of timeline and will kick off on Friday, March 5, 2021, with Instant Challenge.
Additional virtual tournament information is available in Rules of the Road, Section 5 General Tournament Rules.
All components of your team's challenge solutions will be submitted through the DI Resource Area. It is critical that you keep your team's information updated in the Resource Area, including challenge, level, and all necessary contact information.
We will be providing more information about tournaments between now and the end of the year.
Thank you for doing DI during this unique year. We know DI'ers can do virtually anything and we are excited to see some increDIble solutions!
OHDI Governing Board